Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Shabu Shabu!


When I first moved to Cali, about 7.5 years ago, my sister took me to one of her favorite hotspots. It was to eat at a place where you make your own food? This was unheard of in Kansas where we're from and so bizarre to me... pay to make your own food? But instantly I fell in love and it's one of my go to foods on a rainy cold day or even a scorching one... 

Shabu Shabu is a Japanese hot pot where you put veggies and meat or other proteins like chicken, fish, or whatever your heart desires, into a boiling pot. The real kicker are the sauces though, the ponzu, which is a more tangy soy sauce, and goma sauce, which is more peanut-y, accent the veggies and protein so well. Doing this at home is so easy and so much more cost efficient for bigger groups. It is definitely one to be a crowd pleaser! :D Enjoy!


                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment